The key for successful transformations: To understand the #Gorilla-Brain of your People in the Company says Alexander Reyss of STEP4WARD Management Beratung/Consulting! https://www.step4ward.de
People are the companies most important key for success or Crisis.
While most of the companies are helpless to “face” crises, the reality is that it’s people who actually deal with them, and people who hold the key to outcomes. If the Company does not know how the People´s intrinsic Motivation skills are, it´s not possible to solve a Transformation or Crisis successful.
Here’s one key to changing the paradigm on crisis management: Instead of viewing people as your weakest link in a Crisis or normal Business, see them — and the culture you foster — as your single greatest potential strength.
To know the Basic Desires of the Top Managers and Stakholders first, then of the whole Organisation gives many answers, how, why and in which Speed it´s useful to react on Crisis and which way(s) the Company should take, to get out of the dead end.
The powerful mental/psychological Impact of Crisis
Research has shown that the pressures of a crisis can trigger mental/physical reactions capable of distorting perceptions, decisions and outcomes, including:
- stimulation of the amygdala, which activates the „flight or fight“ response
- reduction of available working memory
- a (self-reinforcing) lack of sleep
These conditions can then impair executive function in numerous ways, including:
- a tendency to mistake assumptions for facts
- the inability or reluctance to make any decision „until all the facts are in“ (a luxury rarely available in a crisis)
- „tunnel vision“ (seeing only the fire that needs to be put out, or focusing only on what has just happened)
- confirmation bias (the tendency to filter out information, or stakeholder perspectives, that do not confirm to preconceived notions)
- overconfidence bias (assuming we know more than we actually do, or can handle more than we actually can)
(Quellen: Universität Luxemburg, PwC, STEP4WARD Management Beratung)